News & Tips – Steves Auto Clinic
Browse through our News articles listed below and view SAC’s motoring, performance and fuel economy tips!
Notice: All these articles have been retyped word for word from the News article.
All prices quoted in these articles were correct at the time of going to press.
Click here to confirm current pricing and availability of product.
- Why you should consider fitting a Unichip
- Tried, tested and tops – the Unichip
- Land Cruiser 70 Series V8 Performance Chip Conversions
- Ford Ranger gets a power kick with Texas Walker conversion
- SAC Performance Engineers unleash The Beast hidden in the Land Cruiser 200 VX turbo-diesel
- New SAC upgrades for the Toyota Hilux and Fortuner offers truckloads of power and anti-theft option
- Removing the Diesel Particulate Filter – an easy task for the experts
- Removal of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system
- Out of warranty car repairs & service centres
- Power increase & improved fuel consumption for cars, suv’s & bakkies
- SAC Celebrates Milestone Birthdays throughout the Group
- Which Side Is Your Fuel Filler Cap?
- Diesel Particulate Filters
- SAC Adds Serious Firepower To Alfa’s 1750TBi Giulietta
- Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Series – SAC PLUG AND PLAY
- Rugged SAC Ford Ranger Gets a Power Boost
- Popular Volkswagen Amarok Conversions
- Isuzu KB240, KB250 & KB300 D-TEQ Power Upgrade
- How age and mileage can affect your vehicle
- ECU Software Upgrade Available for Mazda BT-50
- ECU Software Upgrade Questions & Answers
- ECU Software Upgrade Available for Ford Ranger
- Dash Warning Lights – Engine Check Lights – Fault Codes
- Toyota D-4D Diesel Injector and Turbo Charger Repairs and Replacements
- Lamborghini Gallardo gets a UniChip
- SAC and the RMI
- SAC and AAQA
- SAC shops now offer Highflow Catalytic Converters
- Why Choose Uni-Chip and SAC
- Wow, what an experience!
- Standard VW Amarok Road Tested…
- Exciting VW Amarok Already Under The Microscope At SAC…
- What to do if your vehicle gets incorrectly filled with petrol or diesel…
- Born To Perform!
- SAC Innovate Once Again! – Satellite shop in the heart of suburbia in Port Elizabeth.
- Bargain Servicing. You Get What You Pay For!
- Reading This WILL Save You Money!SAC’s “Best Customer-Service” package
- Break the habit once and for all!
- The Motoring Reality of Today!
- Accidents Will Happen – Particularly in Winter.
- Are you concerned about fuel costs & price increases?
- Fuel Saving Tips
- A properly tuned vehicle results in efficient fuel consumption
- Fuel Consumption & the Driver
- What Is Ignorance Costing You?
- Chasing Power?
- Choose the right performance upgrade for your vehicle.
- SAC Research & Development Centre
- SERVICE WITH A SAC SMILE
- SAC TO THE RESCUE! – “Van Reenen’s Project”
- WE PLUG, YOU PLAY– Roadworks Publishing cc
- Steves Auto Clinic has you covered these holidays!
- SAC VW Golf GTI Mk VI – Under Development!
- Master Tuner & New General Manager Join SAC Durban.
- Testing Times | Citizen CitiMotoring – 16 Jan 2008
- SAC Durban & Rustenburg Celebrate 1ST Anniversary
- SAC Port Elizabeth Now Open!
- SAC Opens Shop on the East Rand!
- Warranty for motorists – Roadworks Publishing cc
- Complete guide to four wheel drive.
Testing, One, Two, Three
Why do we test cars – whether standard or modified — when we can ascertain what their ‘real world’ power and torque is by running them on a dynamometer?
Well, as much as SAC believes in dyna testing and tuning, consumers believe emphatically in numbers, and – while it is not necessarily the best measure of a vehicle’s performance capability – the 0 – 100 km/h acceleration test in particular.
To this end, SAC Holdings has not only invested in its own high-tech testing equipment, but also makes use of the services of Roadworks, a company which has vast experience in the field of product testing.
Roadworks and Holdings use similar test equipment (the acclaimed Racelogic VBox, which uses the network of global positioning satellites to determine vehicle speed), which is also used by many magazines and motor manufacturers around the world.
In recent years, the majority of SAC conversions have been put to the test at Gerotek, a former military test facility outside Pretoria which enables testing to be carried out in an accurate and repeatable manner under strictly controlled conditions.
The result is information that you, the customer can believe in.