Exhaust Branches, Downpipes, Free Flow Systems
Exhaust centres are a dime a dozen today, with prices to match, but what are you really getting for your money?
The bottom line is that you are getting exactly what you are paying for. A little known fact is that Steves Auto Clinic has the facilities to offer you a performance exhaust to suit any application.
From an entry level, mild steel over the counter type system, to a full stainless steel bespoke performance offering, we can do it.
Technology has moved on over the years, and paying as little as possible for an exhaust system translates into you more than likely getting a noisy system that is generically bent, and ultimately crimped closed, on a pipe bender and welded to universal mild steel silencers.
And just like anywhere else, you can opt for a universally branded, direct non-performance replacement exhaust system at any of the Steves Auto Clinic branches, or even a massed produced performance option supplied by the same guys.
But what if you are a true performance enthusiast, and only want the best in performance and quality for your vehicle?
Steves Auto Clinic can source scientific approached professional exhausts, build as a polished stainless steel product that is every bit as good as the stuff you see advertised overseas for thousands of Euros or Dollars.
These custom made exhausts are individually handmade and precision welded and specifically fitted to your vehicle. No short cuts are taken in quality or application and as such these systems are sought after items that will enhance the performance of your vehicle.
One of our other big advantages is that we are able to offer a dyna test with the system if required or even an optimisation “tune” to guarantee the best real results out there today.
If you have any questions related to exhausts, downpipes, branches and freeflow systems, contact the experts at Steves Auto Clinic.
Advantages of a Performance Exhaust
A standard exhaust system and tail piece is often replaced with a performance exhaust system and custom tail piece for the following reasons:
- The finish and look of the tailpiece can be made to enhance the look of your newly performance enhanced vehicle.
- It captures and enhances the sound of your engine.
- It disposes of exhaust gases more efficiently.
- It results in less pressure build up in the exhaust system and therefore increases the amount of horse power that can be produced from your vehicle.
There is a general misconception about what the correct size of a performance exhaust system should be though. Many people that enhance their vehicles themselves often use the biggest size pipe and tailpiece available as it looks more dramatic and intimidating. The fact of the matter is that installing an oversized exhaust system could lead to various problems with your vehicle’s performance.
Some problems associated with installing an oversized performance exhaust system:
- An oversized performance exhaust can dramatically result in a loss of power throughout your engine’s power range.
- This will also result in less torque being made and therefore less performance.
- This is because the oversized exhaust slows down the flow of the gasses out of the engine where a correctly sized performance exhaust will in turn increase the flow and performance.
- An intricate balance must therefore be created by also looking at the intake and engine capacity when installing an oversized performance exhaust system.
- Proper silencers should also be used to prevent any overbearing engine noises becoming an issue on a personal and legal front.
Only select a performance exhaust system of no larger than say 38mm to 50mm when applying to a vehicle with an engine size less than 1600 cc and only up to a 50mm to 63mm for vehicles of 2000 cc and up. A twin system should be used for the latter.
Steves Auto Clinic can source a custom build exhaust system for almost any application in mild steel and / or stainless steel. Contact Steves Auto Clinic for the professional installation of your performance exhaust system.