VW Power Citi Golf 1.4i-s Volkswagen Engine Upgrades
Popular Volkswagen Conversions
Volkswagen Citi Golf 1.4i
Power VW Citi Golf 1.4i-s
All prices quoted in these articles were correct at the time of going to press.
Click here to confirm current pricing and availability of product.
SAC Engineering in conjunction with Steves Auto Clinic Vanderbijlpark have been experimenting with the VW Citi Golf 1,4i and have produced some very impressive results with the vehicle. The norm over the past few years at SAC has been to offer 2,0 power engine upgrades on the 1,4 / 1,6 / 1,8 VW models.
This has been very successful in the form of the Polotec and obviously is still available as an option for the customer but we would like to promote reliable cost effective 1,4i Only Power Conversions.
We have just finished with the road test of our SAC Citi Golf 1,4i-s and have attached the raw data.
When analysing the results a few points need to be kept in mind:
- The conversion is a reliable street car upgrade and not a race car package.
- The improved driveability over the standard car cannot be measured by raw data.
- The car was independently tested at Gerotek which is 1500m above sea level with a full tank of fuel on board.
- A Mk1 Golf will always be hindered by poor aerodynamics by today’s standards.
- Most importantly it is still only a 1400 8v.
SAC VW Citi Golf 1.4i-s Upgrade Options
POWER: Standard – +/- 50 kw
- Wildcat 4-into-1 Racing Branch
- Wildcat Stainless Steel Free Flow Exhaust
- Sportflo Airfilter with SAC Airbox Mod
- Unichip – Electronic control unit upgrade
POWER: +/- 60 kw on the wheels
- 40mm Big Valve Cylinder Head
- Cut & Flowed Intake Manifold
- Flowed Throttle Body
- 268º Performance Camshaft
POWER: +/- 70 kw on the wheels
TIME TO COMPLETE
The SAC Citi Golf 1,4i-S conversion can be completed in 3 working days.
SAC’s Why Worry Warranty – 6 months / 20 000km
WHERE IS IT AVAILABLE
Interested customers must contact their nearest SAC Branch as listed on our website for further information on our 1,4i-S.
VOLKSWAGEN CITI GOLF 1.4i-s
|POWER OUTPUT:||50 kw on the wheels||70 kw on the wheels|
|0 – 60 km/h:||4.68 secs||4.27 secs|
|0 – 80 km/h:||7.35 secs||6.69 secs|
|0 – 100 km/h:||11.19 secs||10.05 secs|
|0 – 120 km/h:||16.31 secs||14.01 secs|
|0 – 400 M:
||17.79 secs||17.08 secs|
|SPEED:||123.60 km/h||129.90 km/h|
|0 – 1 km:||33.38 secs||31.84 secs|
|SPEED:||149.75 km/h||160.30 km/h|
|60-100km/h (4):||12.05 secs||11.65 secs|
|16.64 secs||16.26 secs|
|60-120km/h(4):||13.50 secs||12.56 secs|
|60-120km/h (5):||20.05 secs||17.74 secs|
|Speedo error @
|VMAX (km/h):||167.1 km/h at 5200 Rpm||177.4 km/h at 5600 Rpm|
|171.0 km/h Indicated||182.0 km/h Indicated|
|Air pressure:||800 hpa||868 hpa|
|Wind speed:||0 m/s||3 m/s|
|Ambient temperature:||4º Celsius||8º Celsius|
|Vehicle mileage:||4 250 km||6 999 km|
Continental Ecocontact 175/65R14
|Tyre pressure:||2.2 bar (f) – 2 bar (r)|
|Km/h per indicated:||31.6||31.6|
|1 000 revs in top|
All Tests conducted at Gerotek Proving Ground at Reef altitude. All Gerotek test results are an average of two runs in opposite directions. Test data compiled using Racelogic Vbox Test Equipment.